1) Why did you select this particular field ? What were options available to you during placements?
In IITKGP you get many options such as VLSI, software, management and many more. I selected VLSI because it was my core field. And based on the field you choose, you lead through your preparation.
2) How did you get in INTEL? What was the selection procedure? How did you prepare for it?
I prepared for my M TECH and some of the b. tech subjects such as digital electronics, analog electronics , VLSI, semiconductor devices, network analysis, signals and systems and more importantly Static timing analysis ( from site vlsi expert) . I solved previous year questions of companies and a bit of aptitude. Intel test for year 2017 was total aptitude and it was easy too. After that two rounds of interview were conducted where I was asked questions on STA .
3) Can you describe your work profile/average day for us and tell us whether it was what you expected when you sat for placements?
My profile is a Physical design engineer. Intel work culture is very nice. Work-life balance is also good. Its definitely not a 9-5 job. But I think working in intel is enjoyable.
4) What are your long-term goals ? How do working in INTEL help you get to achieve them?
My goal would be to achieve a leading position in intel . It all depends on your hard work, the effort you put in your work. And, if your are good at your work, then intel will recognize it and will bring you closer to your goal.
5) Any specific advice you want to give for junta sitting for placements this year and juniors who aspire to be in INTEL?
Preparation for placement should be proper. Group studies will help a lot. You won’t get bored. Keep in touch with other IITians so that you can at least get to know what kind of questions are being asked in paper. Best of luck . Don’t panic in the interview. Be calm and prepare well 🙂